Rakuten.de is our online shopping marketplace in Germany. We started life as Tradoria and joined Rakuten family in 2011, launching Rakuten.de in January 2012. Rakuten Deutschland is based in Bamberg and Berlin, also hosting part of European IT, Finance, HR, Marketing and operational functions. Diversity is an important part of our company culture, this is why we hold the “Charter of Diversity” .ounded in Tokyo in 1997 with the launch of the e-commerce marketplace Ichiba, Rakuten is now one of the world’s leading internet services companies, with a transformative presence in e-commerce, digital content and FinTech. With more than 14,000 employees, we are committed to realizing our mission of contributing to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship. With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, we’re finding extraordinary new ways to disrupt markets and dazzle customers.In Europe, Rakuten has been active for more than a decade and we have been constantly growing our footprint to more than 14 services and offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and other major European cities. With a robust core in e-commerce and offices in Berlin and Bamberg, Rakuten Germany seeks to leverage this ecosystem of services to create a unique value proposition to both, consumers and merchants.We think of ourselves as a new kind of family, one based not on chance but on determination to be the brightest and the best. If you want to be part of our journey and grow with us, let’s talk.
We are searching for our office in Berlin for a:
Business Analyst (m/f/d)
This is a newly created hybrid role for a customer focussed business analyst to work as an interface between planning and operations. Providing analytical support focused on customers and customer behaviour – shaping product and marketing activities. The role will support the FPA Manager in assisting in the development of data driven planning activities – ensuring day to day analysis supporting the day-today actions mirror strategic objectives.
The suitable candidate will have had exposure to forecasting and wider KPI & financial analysis. They will also be systems savvy and looking for a new challenge that will allow more involvement with the business. Assisting the FP&A Manager in delivering key management information, while feeding the relevant action items into product & marketing teams. The candidate must be able to roll-up their sleeves and dive deep into unclearly defined spaces and in-still proper levels of structure and control.
- Ownership of customer KPIs and analytics, with responsibility for shaping a customer focused culture that utilizes data to drive business decision making.
- Plan, design and develop all customer-focused data-mining techniques to drive performance management, predictive analytics, dashboards, ongoing reporting and segmentation strategies.
- Deliver analytics projects to understand emerging trends affecting performance, drive key insights, and support critical business decision making.
- Understands key performance indicators that drive company results and determines how these metrics track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives
- Liaise across the organization to define customer information needs, share customer KPIs and insights, as well as absorb cross-functional learnings that will provide business clarity and a better understanding of opportunity gaps with our customer journey and marketing
- Support commercial (Sales & Marketing) team by providing advanced customer and marketing analytics for building longer-range business plans and commercial models
- Prepares and presents findings to departmental leads, key core functional partners and management
- Actively participate and take ownership of adhoc projects as they arise
- You have successfully completed your studies in business administration, marketing, economics or another analytical field (e.g. mathematics, econometrics, etc.)
- You’ve already gained at least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of business analytics, preferably in industries such as e-business, retail or consultancy and are comfortable working in fast-paced data-driven environment
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with unstructured data from multiple sources
- You are highly proficient in MS Office and possess advanced MS Excel skills (vLookup, index / match, Pivot Tables, modelling, what-if analysis etc)
- Ability to build reports in web based tools e.g. DOMO
- Hands-on experience of Salesforce
- You are self-driven, independent and able to organize and multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A great collaborator – You will need to collaborate with multiple levels in the sales team, BI & Infrastructure team and finance team.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Active support in finding accommodation and moving from abroad
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
If you are interested in this position, meet these requirements and wish to actively participate in developing our company and join our highly motivated team, please apply by sending an email to Marc Borgstedt at firstname.lastname@example.org